Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Housewife's Budgeting.....

One of the most important lesson that I have to learn as soon as I go into the 3rd month of my marriage. The difference of accounting for bachelors and accounting for household. I become more conscious of my spending as now I can not depend on My mom to supply my household spending anymore. Now, one begins to appreciate what one used to have even more.

Just sharing with my hubby's wife the other day,

She said: "My friend is amazing. A household of 3 adults and 2 young children only need Rp. 600.000/month for food expense puchased at the wet market."

Imagine what is going on in my mind: Rp. 600.000/ 30 days = Rp.20.000/day, Rp.20.000/ 3 meals/ 5 people = Rp. 1333.30/ person / meal.... Well, She is amazing... my mind wonders what does she cook everyday... tofu, Tempe and egg? with egg price climbing up to 10.300/kg and cooking oil hiking up... one wonders... how does she manage?

That is lesson number 1 : My challenge of the month ; Use budget of Rp. 600.000 for the month for the 2 of us ( Handy and I )

If successful : award will be dining out with Handy with a budget of Rp. 200.000/ meal. I am aiming already at the japanese restaurant in Jakarta or Thai Palace in Bandung

No comments: